Need help reading this short story and answering these questions.
- 1. What do you think is the main point of your selected reading? What is the author trying to have you think about?
- 2. What did you think of the author’s point? Did you agree or disagree with it?
- 3.List two sections of the reading that really stuck out to you, in either a positive or negative way. Why did you have such a strong reaction to these sections, and how did they affect the rest of your reading?
- 4 Do you find that the reading’s introduction matches with its conclusion in some way, or did the material veer off in a surprising direction for you?
5. A claim* is a statement that captures your opinion on a topic. Based on your intital reactions to this piece, what claim could you make about this reading and its author?
6. Key points* are pieces of evidence that support an author’s main argument. What are three possible key points to support your claim about the essay you read?
7. Your audience* are the people you are addressing in your essay. Who is the audience for the essay you will be writing this term? What potential challenges will you have supporting your claim with this demographic?