- Current Business Law Topic
- The Current Business Law Topic assignment will be made up of two parts.
- The first will be a one-page memorandum (1 page of text) summarizing a legal item of interest from a business periodical which is relevant to the study of business and law and your thoughts on the issues and concepts presented. The second will be presentation where you share your learning with the class.
- For the first part of the assignment, your memo should address how it relates to the focus of our studies in our class. Topics can be selected from a wide range of sources. However, a link to your selected article must be included in your memo along with a full APA citation for your article so that I can locate it and read it.
- As the second part of this assignment, you will make a 3-5 slide presentation for your classmates which communicate the ideas you discuss in your memo. It will be a simulated presentation using either the speaker’s notes in PowerPoint, or the narration feature of PowerPoint. Your presentation should be 3-5 minutes or could be presented in 3-5 minutes. If you elect the speaker notes option you should annotate your speaker’s notes in the area that PowerPoint provides. If you elect the narration option, it should be embedded with PowerPoint. Thus, your classmates will learn from your work. Both your memo and your PowerPoint presentation will be distributed to your classmates as you will be required to post your work to a discussion forum.
- The topic for your memo can center on topics we have discussed in the course or will discuss in course, or a business law topic or issue that is of particular interest to you. You must select an article from a credible source. I offer the following as an abbreviated list of possible periodicals as sources for articles. Many of these and other sources have online resources or are available online through the Strayer University Online Library. There are a number of resources available through ProQuest and/or EBSCOHost. The article selected must be at least 1000 words in length. I would suggest you take advantage of our library resources.
The Wall Street Journal USAToday Any business journal similar to “The Puget Sound Business Journal” The publisher of this business journal publishes similar for many metropolitan areas in the US. Any regional newspaper similar to The Seattle Times Harvard Business Review Journal of Business Ethics Business Week Newsweek Any Law Journal from any law school Any Federal or State court case from any reporter (contact me if you are using this source and prior to making your selection)
- Guide for the Memo
- Your memo should be divided into sections with section headers corresponding at minimum to the sections suggested below, Summary, Analysis, and Reflection
- Your memo should briefly summarize the article. This is an ideal section to place your brief comment as to the reason you believe the source to be credible. I would suggest that no more than 1/4 or the memo be used for this purpose.
- Follow your summary with an analysis of the article and how it applies to the study of business and law. I would suggest approximately 1/2 of the page be used for this purpose.
- The remaining space should be used to convey your reflection on the article, i.e. specify your conclusions, opinions based on your analysis, and how the knowledge you gained relates to your understanding of business and/or management and the legal environment, and how it can be applied.
- Please insure you have cited the article correctly within your memo. Your memo should be single spaced. Within your memo and during your presentation, comment on your opinion of the validity of your source and why.
- The grading rubric provides you insights into how the work will be evaluated.
You will also be posting your work in a future discussion question for all to read and provide you feedback.
- Learning Objectives of the Assignment
- 1. Develop and apply increased writing skills
2. Develop and apply increased analytical skills
3. Acquaint student learners with the use of online information resources
4. Broaden the perspective of student learners in the area of business law
5. Analyze and evaluate information and sources
6. Synthesize business law into the study of business
7. Increase student learner technical skills that improve communication and approximate the real world working environment.
8. Provide a peer learning experience.
- Assignment Expectations
- Please submit your work in the following format and order via the course Blackboard site. Email submissions will not be accepted
1. Your memo submitted via the course Blackboard site as a Word file and your PowerPoint submitted via the course Blackboard site as a PPT file.
a. Name your memo file: last name, first name, CBLT, Memo and
b. Name your PPT file, last name, first name, CBLT, PowerPoint
- 2. Include a link to the article in your memo. Also cite it using APA format. I need to be able to locate your article so that I can read it.
- Please contact me if you have further questions.
https://classicassignments.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/final-bg.png 0 0 Davie https://classicassignments.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/final-bg.png Davie2021-07-27 14:50:222021-07-27 14:50:22 “Current Business Law Topic Assignment”